...............You might not want to know about me, but shall unwittingly do so by the end of this post.
I had heard, if only briefly, about the 'tagging' craze, but like many things in this life, i hadn't imagined that it was ever going to happen to me.
(which means it pretty much will happen to me)
Well, it has, and doubly so, all in the space of 12 tiny hours.
Two very lovely blog friends (Marjorie and Kiwi) decided to tag me at practically the exact same time, so unlike the usual how-do-you-do, i have a grand total of seventeen to attend to all at once - and i am going to take a very deep breath, then begin......
.....after sharing my very latest little picture, that is ( I am ever so slightly incapacitated at the minute, so yes, there is only the one for tonight. And the nature of my incapacitation? Well my mind has been wandering far beyond the confines of photoshop cs2, and quite happily so -which doesn't happen every day i can tell you!)
I haven't yet decided upon a title for this work, i have a feeling that it isn't quite complete. Perhaps it is, there is definitely something quite 'contained' about these little ladies and their uncaged companions. Something they know which we do not, which is often the way it just goes with my characters. They are waiting for me to try and figure them out, and yet they couldn't care less what i think!
I just love it when this happens. The image/scene becomes something like a little narrative that i have to follow, like following breadcrumbs through the forest, searching for the secret that the characters are keeping....i don't know....so luxuriously, to themselves.
But tonight isn't the night for secrets, evidently. My 17 Things beckon!
Okay. The first seven are to include
'7 random facts/habits about myself':
1. I am, by nature, a night owl, preferring to go to sleep with the coming of the dawn.
2. I collect stones in glass jars. And twigs, on occasion. Something i seem to have in common with my beloved Lady Fuchsia (Gormenghast).
3. I can read upside-down and backwards without any confusion or difficulty at all, which i first discovered, much to everyone else's surprise, at the age of three.
4. I love the colour red and the number 6.
5. Contrary to what you might possibly assume after reading the previous two 'facts', i have not made a Faustian pact with the devil.
6. I still have a 'baby tooth' in my head. The dentist said it was ok. (?)
7. I long to live in a cold climate. The more snow, ice and rain, the better.
Round two now, my '10 little known facts':
1. I have a horrifying fear of those little holes in sieves, mincers, graters, anything of that sort. I have yet to discover what it actually means. Somebody once (quite innocently)
presented me with a plastic sheet that had thousands of tiny holes punctured into it.......within seconds i became a powerless, writhing mess at said persons feet.
2. I am passionately in love with foxes. It isn't quite your average 'affliction': Just the mere sight of one can reduce me to tears, instantly.
3. Up until the age of seven, i though i was a tree.
This isn't a little known fact, really, but it ought to be to my internet contacts. When the fatal day dawned, and i realised that my favourite tree on the farm where grew up was not actually a part of me, thinking my thoughts and feeling my feelings, i was seriously devastated. This one is a little difficult to explain without sounding crazy. Perhaps it relates to having recognised my individuality and separateness from the world around me, which i'm sure i may have read somewhere as being quite a common experience for children of a similar age. Maybe most people don't remember the actual occasion...?
4. I get ridiculously excited each and every time i see a star in the sky, and positively ecstatic when the clouds roll back, revealing the moon.
5. I have never understood why anybody would ever want to be famous.
6. I have a middle name, Marie.
7. My hair is naturally curly.
8. My emotions and feelings are in continuous conflict with my intellect.
9. I am very fond of Shakespeare.
10. I love everything about October; the onset of Autumn especially.
So there you have them. Little bits of Louise:)
Before i leap off into the starry dawn, i would like to share these:
My beautiful new MarmeeCraft purchase, 'Tendrils' (thankyou muchly, it is now perfectly framed!)
And two of my favourite etsy artists images from the past week...
At Sea in a Teacup by myfolklover
Kitty Blank Greetings Card by curioddities
The grating coyness present in this image was not intended:))) But my mother likes it, because the appearance of a smile in a photograph of Louise is a very rare occurrence indeed!
This is to pass on either 7things or 10 things, not the 17 altogether!
If any of the above people do not wish to participate, or have already done so, please forgive me, i will remove your name right away:)